I'm sure any of you who read this blog have long since (and largely rightly) abandoned any hope of this becoming a more consistent blog. But if I'm still on your blog feed, then here's another installment. And I really will try to do a better job of posting reasonably regularly.
So, here's a start with a list and a brief discussion of things I would like to do more consistently. These are most decidedly not in any order of priority, so don't try to read too much into my values, please.
1. Clean. This Saturday I swept and mopped the kitchen/dining room/living room floor. Let's just say that it has been far too long since this last happened. We share a condo with my sister who has a 9-month old. When you combine our two kids and their eating habits, it really is a shame that we haven't mopped our floor more often. That's something I will try to change.
2. Blog. No I will never (well, I guess I shouldn't say never) will be the blogger that my friend Janssen is. She is an impressively prolific blogger; I am, well, not as prolific. But I will try to post more often than I have. And, when you consider my track record over the last 6 months, I've set the bar low enough that any improvement will be most impressive.
3. Finish books. I tend to read far too many books at one time. I've been that way for most of my life, but I would like to be better at finishing books.
4. Run. I qualified for the Boston marathon this last fall, and, if admitted to a graduate school whose finals schedule doesn't clash with the race as formidably as BYU's, I plan to run it in the next couple years. I would also like to get my time down well under 3 hours (2:40s or faster). If I can just be a little more consistent with my running, that is a very achievable goal.
5. Have friends/family over. I realize that I am not nearly as outgoing as I used to be and am very out of the habit of getting together with friends... Sorry if this includes you (which it almost certainly does). I will try to do better about this.
There's a list of things that I would like to do more consistently.
And here's an unofficial 6. I would like to get into good PhD programs more consistently. I haven't tried that many times (once to three schools), but I'm hoping the next go round yields more consistent admissions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i'm liking this! thank you for posting. oh, and we'll come over any time for a visit.
I think you've boiled it down nicely to what is most difficult - consistency. I look forward to more consistent posts and PhD admittances for you!
What books are you reading these days?
Post a Comment